|Art of Jim Flora: now a trilogy|
|Written by Mike Baehr | Filed under new releases, Jim Flora||18 Jun 2008 10:59 PM|
Search / Login
Sign up for our email newsletters for updates on new releases, events, special deals and more.
Tonight in Toronto: THE WORLD OF STEVE DITKO, a Canuckian book launch for Toronto author BLAKE BELL on Wednesday, June 18th from 7PM-9PM at the Lillian H. Smith Library (239 College St., Toronto). And yes, FREE.
Concerning the post below-- for the record, the first time I spoke to Dash Shaw was while designing the covers to BBB and, out of nowhere, he spoke at length about Ghost Rider and all these ideas he had about the character. To the extent that when we got off the phone I wasn't sure if he was talking about what he WOULD do with the title or what he WAS doing. I'm not at all kidding when I say he had the character so thought out that I figured he was secretly putting together a book with Marvel. Apparently he wasn't.
Marvel? Your call- get a talented young artist to work with passion on some book I didn't think anyone gave a rat's ass about or let it languish under the shadow of whatever made you so good once that a Coppola named himself after one of your characters before begging to star as Ghost Rider ?
Your loss is our gain.
A couple of weeks ago Gary and I went to Los Angeles for BEA 2008. In the Comic Book Salesman game we like to call this a "buy week."
Here are some photos...
1 - 4. The Fantagraphics booth
5. Joe Matt, Chris Oliveros and Ron Rege Jr. (kind of blurry; but nice)
6. My man Jamie Saloman! Who has some cool photos up at the D&Q blog (Hey Jamie, Thanks for the Rory Hayes and Snatch articles. I love it when Hayes talks shit about Gene Colan's drawing!)
7. Joe points out something in his AMAZING jam sketchbook.
8. Ron flips through Joe's AMAZING jam sketchbook.
9. Ron ponders Joe's AMAZING jam sketchbook.