Boasting one of the most PACKED signing schedules of SPX and Fantagraphics' we have FOURTEEN people signing at our table (and a few more Fantagraphics' cartoonists are tabling all by their lonesome) You can find all these sweet 'n' sassy cartoonists and book debuts at tables W57-6, along the very rightmost wall.
Ed Piskor: 11-12:30pm, 3:30-5:00pm
Leslie Stein: 11-12:30pm
Michael Kupperman: 11am-1pm
Janet Hamlin: 12:30pm-2:30pm (Saturday signing only!)
Justin Hall: 12:30pm-1:30pm
Carol Tyler: 1-2:00pm, 6-7pm
Charles Forsman: 2-4pm
Gary Panter: 2-3pm
Dash Shaw: 2-3pm
Ulli Lust: 3-5pm
Paul Hornschemeier: 4-7pm
Ben Catmull: 5-6pm
Peter Bagge: 5-6pm
Marc Sobel: 6-7pm
Peter Bagge: Noon-1pm
Leslie Stein: Noon-1:30pm
Justin Hall: Noon-1pm
Carol Tyler: 1-2pm
Paul Hornschemeier: 1-2pm
Ed Piskor: 1:30-3pm
Ulli Lust: 2-4pm
Dash Shaw: 2-3:30pm, 5-6pm
Marc Sobel: 3-4pm
Michael Kupperman: 3:30-5pm
Gary Panter: 4-5pm
Ben Catmull: 4-6pm
Charles Forsman: 5-6pm
As usual we have an action-packed signing schedule for you at San Diego Comic Con. Keep your schedules open so you can stop by our magnificent table and get your signatures hot and fresh in your books at - See more at: http://www.fantagraphics.com/?Itemid=113&option=com_myblog&show=San-Diego-Comic-Con-Debuts.html#sthash.199ZEXcU.dpuf
• Hip Hop Family Tree by Ed Piskor Yes yes y'all! This explosively entertaining, encyclopedic history will school you on the old school, taking you back to the early days of the music genre that changed global culture. Originally serialized on the hugely popular website Boing Boing, Hip Hop Family Tree is now collected in a single volume cleverly presented and packaged in a style mimicking the Marvel comics of the same era.
• Sketching Guantanamo: Court Sketches of the Military Tribunals, 2006-2013 by Janet Hamlin The only public visual record until 2013 of the notorious, historic, carefully censored military trials at Guantanamo is Hamlin's courtroom sketches. This book collects her most potent and revealing sketches and chronicles her experience.
The only public visual record of the notorious, historic, carefully censored military trials at Guantanamo is Hamlin's courtroom sketches. This book collects her most potent and revealing sketches and chronicles her experience. - See more at: http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.php?keyword=sketching+guantanamo&search_type=titles&Search=Search&Itemid=62&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse#sthash.xQzpBR6W.dpuf
Court Sketches of the Military Tribunals, 2006-2013 - See more at: http://www.fantagraphics.com/browse-shop/sketching-guantanamo-court-sketches-of-the-military-tribunals-2006-2013-oct.-2013.html?vmcchk=1#sthash.DF2ADBuc.dpuf
• Fran by Jim Woodring What is to become of the beloved trilobular chuckbuster Frank now that he has journeyed outside the Unifactor and met his soulmate, Fran? The answer is delivered here in devastatingly unpredictable fashion. Fans of Frank, connoisseurs of bizarre romance, and spelunkers in the radiant depths of graphic metaphysical psychodrama will want to add this singular cartoon adventure story to their lifetime reading list.
• Everybody is Stupid Except for Me (And Other Astute Observations) by Peter Bagge A decade of informed, provocative, cantankerous & hilarious cartoon opinion pieces from our favorite libertarian curmudgeon, on topics ranging from Stupid War to Stupid Sex and, of course, Stupid Politicians. BONUS: This new edition of the sold-out Everybody Is Stupid features an extra 32 pages of never-before-collected comics, including an epic biography of eccentric libertarian (and Ayn Rand contemporary) Isabel Mary Paterson.
• Treasury of Mini Comics Volume 1, edited by Michael Dowers Four decades of deliberate DIY cartoon rebellion! Collecting some of the best mini comics ever produced by some of the most creative artists in the world. In a do-it-yourself world, anything goes... boundaries are crossed, envelopes pushed, wounds opened. From the silliest fart or boob jokes to the most deeply felt "EMO" style poetry, mini comics creators have been uninhibited in their efforts to strive for something fresh, raw, and vital.
• Love and Rockets: The Covers by Gilbert and Jaime Hernandez (badass design by Jacob Covey) A beautiful, oversized art book featuring over 120 iconic comic covers (front & back) from the first 3 decades of Love and Rockets, collected for the first time in full color. The perfect gift for L&R fan, this book presents them without trade dress (logos, marketing hype, etc.) when possible, allowing the original cover illustrations to communicate on their own. With a fancy clear plastic book jacket, you need to grab a copy and return home a hero.
A beautiful, oversized art book featuring over 120 iconic comic covers (front & back) from the first 3 decades of Love and Rockets, collected for the first time in full color. The perfect gift for L&R fan, this book presents them without trade dress (logos, marketing hype, etc.) when possible, allowing the original cover illustrations to communicate on their own. With a fancy clear plastic book jacket, you need to grab a copy, get it signed and return home a hero. - See more at: http://www.fantagraphics.com/?Itemid=113&option=com_myblog&show=San-Diego-Comic-Con-Debuts.html#sthash.RzbNaI5J.dpuf
• Wandering Son Volume 5 by Shimura Takako In this volume of the acclaimed series about transgendered kids exploring their unfolding identities, we've reached a big event; the junior high school entrance ceremony. Envy and jealousy are prominent themes in Volume 5: Chiba-san is jealous of Takatsuki-san, for whom Nitori-kun still carries a torch. Maho envies Anna-chan's professionalism as a model. And Chii-chan's loyal sidekick, Shiri Momoko, is intensely jealous of anyone in whom Chii-chan shows the slightest interest. And so our protagonists set off on the journey to adolescence....
• Walt Disney's Donald Duck: Christmas on Bear Mountain by Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge's first appearance, in one of Barks's funniest holiday stories! "Christmas on Bear Mountain" is one of Barks's funniest holiday stories and a true landmark in comics history, and offers a fascinating look at a rough-edged, genuinely nasty character whom Barks would soon soften... Journey to Volcania, "down under" and the West Indies with Donald and the nephews. Plus seven 10-pagers and abundant critical and historical notes. Not available in stores until NOVEMBER!
• Walt Disney's Donald Duck Christmas Gift Box Set by Carl Barks A double dose of Disney's Donald Duck! A thoughtful, memorable, can't-miss special Christmas item handsomely presented in an inviting gift box set that will delight readers of any age. In these twin volumes, you'll find page after page after page of intrepid quests, daring adventures, and breathtaking escapes. Readers will be spellbound by these timeless classics - with their engaging plots, clever humor, and heartwarming themes.
• Peanuts Every Sunday: 1952-1955 by Charles Schulz The first four years of Peanuts in sparkling, scrupulously remastered color! Relive that delightful, Sunday-morning reading experience and get a fascinating peek at Schulz's evolving creative process.
• The Complete Peanuts Volume 20 (1989-1990) by Charles M. Schulz The 20th volume is dense with romantic intrigue, from the Marcie-Peppermint Patty-Chuck triangle to Charlie Brown's romance with Peggy Jean. Snoopy meets his brother Olaf, Spike communes with the cacti, and more fun with the gang.