|Things to see: 2/12/10|
|Written by Mike Baehr | Filed under Things to see, Steve Brodner, Sergio Ponchione, rock, Laura Park, Johnny Ryan, Jim Blanchard, Jack Cole, Ben Catmull||12 Feb 2010 2:57 PM|
Search / Login
Sign up for our email newsletters for updates on new releases, events, special deals and more.
Category >> Things to see
Point your peepers (and your clickers):
• How long has Kaz had these animated Underworld strips up at mylittlefunny.com? Am I late to the game? They're super well done — animation, music and voice talent, all spot on (link via Tony Millionaire)
Looky (and clicky for better lookies):
Feast your eyes — follow links for larger/complete versions:
• A portrait of Fantagraphics' own Ambassador of Awesomeness, Janice Headley, drawn by Jaime Hernandez at APE 2008 (on the back of Daniel Clowes's name card), finally scanned
• Look forward to Laura Park's entries to Picture Book Report, where a variety of artists will be posting illustrations inspired by their favorite books — looks like there's going to be a lot of great stuff, gonna bookmark that site
Looks like these posts are pretty much daily, huh?
• Holy smokes, it's a multi-page Amazing Facts and Beyond with Leon Beyond epic by Kevin Huizenga, Ted May and Dan Zettwoch, from the pages of the Riverfront Times (with "DVD extras" on Zettwoch's blog)! Will someone in St. Louis PLEASE send us some copies of this?
• Speaking of Huizenga, holy moly, he just opened up a memory that's been dormant in my head for around 30 years with this bit of Jan Lööf fan art (click for full version) — what a great book that was
(...And this didn't get posted on time either. Yeesh!)
I'm still trying to figure out how to handle frequent art bloggers like Renee French and Debbie Drechsler (below). Pick one post to highlight each week? Any suggestions or preferences?
Also, some credit: I think I was inspired subconsciously to start these "Things to see" posts by Robot 6's Comics Cavalcade posts.Jeremy Eaton does the cover and cover story illustrations for the current Seattle Weekly
Your periodic roundup of visual stimuli, still in its embryonic stages:
In the spirit of "show don't tell" (and making my workday ever more complicated), I've decided to break the "Things to see" category (comprising artwork and other visual goodies from the Fantagraphics roster of artists) from our Daily OCD posts out into their own posts, with images. Links will take you to original sources where full/larger images can be seen. These posts may not be daily depending on what's out there — for now they may be somewhat irregular until I figure out a good rhythm. Enough of my yammerin'...
• Speaking of Gabrielle, here's her new strip "New York"