|Attention Graphic Designers...|
|Written by Eric Reynolds | Filed under staff||14 Feb 2012 12:14 PM|
... FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS WANTS YOU.
We're super bummed to soon be saying goodbye to our longtime junior designer, Alexa Koenings, who is moving on to new challenges at the end of this month after several years of great work for us. We don't want her to go, but dammit, she's made up her mind.
One thing this means: WE'RE HIRING. We are currently accepting applications for the Junior Designer position. This is a full-time, salaried position in our office (telecommuters need not apply). If you don't currently live in Seattle, you must be willing to relocate.
• Strong layout and typography sensibilities.
• Detail oriented-- both in your design work and in your ability to track change requests and stay on top of deadlines.
• Thorough InDesign and Photoshop knowledge required. Any other programs are a plus.
• Work well independently as well as with the various personalities of editors, artists, and authors, taking in and utilizing feedback.
• Ability to design interesting, unique solutions that respect and adhere to the vision of the artists we package.
The primary role as a Junior Designer will be doing book production and design, but you will also design ads (print and web), postcards, posters, etc. You will need to be a nimble designer, capable of solutions on a quick turnaround and able to maintain a steady workload. You will be responsible for sending press ready files to printers, so pre-press skills are a plus.
The right candidate could be anyone with a solid design sense and a passion for doing good work. Knowledge of comics is helpful but it needn't be an obsession.
Interested parties email resumé and samples (or links to same) to Eric Reynolds: reynolds [at] fantagraphics [dot com]. Serious inquiries only, please!
And, congrats again to Alexa, who will be missed (and who hopefully won't mind me stealing this pic from her facebook page):