Have a great holiday weekend, America. Remember: light fuse, get away.
• The blogger known as Polinees on Pocket Full of Rain and Other Stories by Jason
• Winnipeg's Uptown Magazine says Jason's The Last Musketeer is "great fun"
• The North Adams Transcript on Safe Area Gorazde by Joe Sacco
• Kevin Church posts his favorite page from The Education of Hopey Glass by Jaime Hernandez
• Writer Reading looks at R. Crumb and David Zane Mairowitz's Kafka
• Cool Aggregator recommends Dash Shaw's Bottomless Belly Button, and Panels and Pixels includes it in a graphic-novel roundup post
• The Suit Ling Library on The Number 73304-23-4153-6-96-8 by Thomas Ott
• Flog commentor Derik Badman points out his 2006 review of Romance Without Tears
• Stripper's Guide takes a thoughtful look at Bill Mauldin's Willie & Joe: The WWII Years
• Sean T. Collins rescues his 2007 WizardUniverse.com interview with Gilbert & Jaime Hernandez from archive-dump oblivion by re-posting it on his own site
• Comics Comics recaps the Heroes Con "Craft in Comics" panel featuring Jaime Hernandez - part 1, part 1.5, part 1.75
• Javier Hernandez (no relation) talks about interviewing Strange and Stranger: The World of Steve Ditko author Blake Bell for the Planet Comic Book Radio program; meanwhile, Rick Klaw, grandson of Irving Klaw, learns something new about his grandfather from Strange and Stranger
• Syndicate Product Covert HQ and Super Doomed Planet both examine the Schulz and Peanuts roundtable in The Comics Journal #290 (we're sold out of that issue, by the way)