|Daily OCD: 6/3/09|
|Written by Mike Baehr | Filed under Popeye, Peanuts, Nell Brinkley, Michael Kupperman, From Wonderland with Love, Dash Shaw, Daniel Clowes, Carol Tyler, Bob Fingerman||3 Jun 2009 9:56 PM|
Another late dose of Online Commentary & Diversions:
• List: CBC Radio's "Canada Reads: The Book Club" host Hannah Sung kicks off voting on the "Top 10 Graphic Novels" with Ghost World: "I love Dan Clowes’s clean, graphic style. I love Enid’s glasses, I love how everything is 'lame' and I love that Enid expresses how much she hates Sassy magazine even as she reads it."
• Interview: The Daily Cross Hatch's Brian Heater wraps up his 3-part talk with Michael Kupperman. Sample quote: "But of course the point of humor is that you always want it to look easy. You don’t want it to look like you spent two hours on your 140 character line — not that I’ve ever done that [laughs]."
• Interview: The Metabunker's Matthias Wivel talks to Steffen Maarup, editor of From Wonderland with Love: Danish Comics in the Third Millennium, debuting at MoCCA this weekend. Sample quote: "My selection process was pretty much as simple as picking what’s good; so stories that were original, did interesting things with the medium of comics, or touched me in some way."
• Plug: Lady, That's My Skull blogger Sleestak gives a shout-out to Bob Fingerman's Connective Tissue, C. Tyler's You'll Never Know Book 1, and The Brinkley Girls: The Best of Nell Brinkley's Cartoons 1913-1940
• Things to make & do: Have you always wanted to cut & assemble those Thimble Theatre "Funny Films" slideshows but didn't want to ruin your Popeye books? Electric Cabinet has you covered (hat tip to Journalista)