|Peanuts Every Sunday: 1952-1955 (Vol. 1) by Charles M. Schulz - Excerpt|
|Written by Mike Baehr | Filed under previews, Peanuts, Coming Attractions, Charles M Schulz||16 Sep 2013 12:12 PM|
It's Peanuts! Every Sunday strip, in full color, together for the first time ever! What else do you need to know? OK, here are some other relevant facts:
• Using the same archival sources as The Complete Peanuts series, the line art has been crisply restored to our usual standards.
• The coloring is all-new, done by the lovely and talented Joanne Bagge (of the Seattle Bagges) and based on original tear sheets. As you can see in the excerpt, it's vibrant but slightly muted to give the same feeling as when the strips were originally printed on newsprint.
• Designed by our own Jacob Covey -- bold, yet understated.
• It's big -- fully twice the size of each volume of The Complete Peanuts!
• Yes, there will be slipcased sets. 10 volumes in total (released once a year), 5 box sets (every 2 years).