|Scavenger hunt answers|
|Written by Mike Baehr | Filed under meta, contests||18 Feb 2008 11:52 AM|
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who entered our Scavenger Hunt contest! We only had one incorrect answer (and one that our judges are still looking into) out of 18 entries. Our randomly-selected Grand Prize 50%-off coupon winner is Michael Pang of Phoenix, Arizona. We've notified all the winners, so if you entered, check your inbox!
For the record, here are the questions and the answers we were looking for:
- What is the name of the mermaid character in Dame Darcy's Meat Cake?
- Buddy Bradley's pal Stinky was the lead singer of what band?
Leonard and the Love Gods
- What artists make guest appearances in Robert Crumb's Self-Loathing Comics #2?
Charles Burns, Art Spiegelman, Pete Poplaski (a lot of folks missed Pete, but we let them slide)
- The cover of Zero Zero #10 is a parody of what famous magazine?
- What animal did Jim Woodring's grandfather invent a trap for?
- What famous actor provided lead voices in the "Terr'ble Thompson" musical?
- What does the acronym GASH stand for?
Ghoul Appreciation Society Headquarters
- Who is the Italian co-publisher of the Ignatz Series?
- In which volume of The Complete Peanuts does Frieda make her first appearance?
Vol. 6 (1961-1962)
- What day is Popeye creator E.C. Segar's birthday? (Hint: try the blog for this one.)
We're still brainstorming what our next contest might be... stay tuned!