|Turn on the Water Works with Giant Robot|
|Written by janice headley | Filed under Renee French, events, Esther Pearl Watson, art shows, Andrice Arp||17 Mar 2011 8:21 AM|
This weekend, our friends at Giant Robot kick off a very important exhibit to raise money for the devastation in Japan. Funds will be donated to UNICEF, to help children impacted by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
And not only will Giant Robot donate proceeds from the sale of artwork, they'll also be donating:
1. Proceeds from the sale of water bottles featuring labels created by artists and signed by celebrities.
2. Fifty percent of proceeds from Giant Robot’s small restaurant, gr/eats, on Saturday, March 19.
3. A percentage of all sales at Giant Robot, GR2, and GRSF during the weekend of March 18-20.
4. Raffles for donated merchandise including designer- and artist-signed items, GR gear, horseback rides, and other items.
5. Cash donations accepted for UNICEF.
On top of all that, Intertrend Communications has pledged to match the first $10,000 raised by proceeds and donations through Giant Robot.
Seriously... please help Giant Robot reach this goal, and help the children impacted by this terrible catastrophe. Opening reception is this Saturday, March 19, from 6:30 - 10:00 pm at GR2 [2062 Sawtelle Blvd. Los Angeles, CA], and the show runs until April 13th.