On sale date: October 17, 2004
Some of the medium's best practitioners take on the Bush Administration just in time for the election in this outraged work of comics journalism.
The Bush Junta: A Field Guide to Corruption in Government is an historical account of the high crimes and misdemeanors of the presidential administration of George W. Bush, as told by an international assemblage of world-class cartoonists. This fact-based, impeccably researched work of comics journalism chronicles the Bush administration in the context of the Bush family dynasty that spawned it. Topics include:
- The Nazi connections of the president's grandfather, Prescott Bush;
- The Bush family's membership in Yale's Skull and Bones Society;
- Former President George Bush's connections to the CIA, the Mafia, and Big Oil;
- His involvement in the October Surprise and Iran Contra scandals;
- The Bush family's strange relationship with the family of John Hinckley (the would-be assassin of President Ronald Reagan);
- The Panama Deception;
- The Persian Gulf War;
- The suspicious business practices of his Bush sons, particularly with regard to the Savings and Loan scandal of the 1980s;
- Young George W. Bush, his troubles with the law, his AWOL military record;
- George W.'s governorship of Texas;
- The electoral fraud of 2000 that resulted in his presidency;
- Unanswered questions about the terror attacks of September 11;
- The administration's "War on Terror" and its erosion of civil liberties under the Patriot Act and proposed Victory Act;
- The oil-based motives behind the Iraq War and how the public was deceived into supporting the war;
- The administration's shameful record on energy and the environment; and much more.
Also included are profiles of the key players in the current administration, a rogues gallery including Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Ashcroft, Condoleezza Rice, and Karl Rove. Contributors to this historic comics documentary include: Alejandro Alvarez, Jaime Crespo, Kim Deitch, Jeremy Eaton, Bill Griffith, Scott Gilbert, Albo Helm, Ted Jouflas, Mark Landman, Carol Lay, Scott Marshall, Paul Mavrides, David Paleo Nunes, Ethan Persoff, Aleksandar Zograf, Larry Rodman, Spain Rodriguez, Marcel Ruyters, Kenneth Smith, Carol Swain, Seth Tobocman, Penny Van Horn, Mack White, and others. This book distills all the known facts of the Bush regimes criminality in a journalistically accurate, artistically stylish, and utterly hilarious collection.
- Paperback / Softback
- Black and white.
- 7.6" × 10.3"